Sunday 3 March 2013

Remediation - Audio Plan


   For my audio I have researched a variety of materials and sources. For the majority of the SFX I will be using www.freesfx.com and the BBC SFX archive at the college. I have identified a variety of sounds that each of the characters will need during the animation. For the bird I have a series of comic squacks and chirps. He also needs to jump and fly so I have a springy bouncing sound and a flapping sound. The robot requires a slightly larger range of sounds to make the mechanics sound believable. I have steam pistons releasing pressure for when the robot is activating and then a variety of mechanical sounds for when it moves. Environmental sounds consist of junkyard ambience in which you can hear motors and clanking sounds. There is also an industrial magnet in my animation which I have used the sound of an electrical current for.
I am also going to be using the track “golden oldies,” for the musical score. It was taken from the Ren and Stimpy production music. I feel that this track is particularly fitting not just because of the time but because of the old timey piano and the atmosphere that it creates for the overall animation. The feeling is upbeat and high paced which goes well with the atmosphere I am trying to create. Other sounds I have identified are squeaking wheels for the robots cart, a few comic sounds to highlight some of the comedy moments and a series of more subtle robotic sounds for when the robots arm is isolated at the beginning of the cartoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment